It’s no secret that activity based organizations like sporting clubs and schools have the most loyal customers on the planet. Due to the personal nature of your business, the bonds you create with your customers cultivate a kind of loyalty that creates communities around your organization. and fosters a larger community through your organization. It’s a kind of magic that traditional brick and mortar stores can only dream of.
1. Leverage Your Social Proof:
You know you have tons of customers who love you! Ask the best ones to write a review of your business on a rating and review website or even just your Facebook page. If you do use a rating website, you can often display those reviews on your website or social media pages. New customers are attracted to positive reviews and are much likely to trust your business and make a purchase.
2. Offer Online Registration and Payment:
Like you, your clients are busy people. Asking them to take off work to stand in line on a Monday afternoon to get their kid into this summer’s swim class or camp is not nice. For some families, it's impossible. Why not make it as easy as possible for them to participate in your activities?
Every year the percentage of transactions made online grows (same with mobile devices). At some point, very soon, if you don’t offer online registration, they will find another organization that does. Get on this now before you lose the competitive advantage that online registration and payment offers and start losing clients to the competition.
3. Offer Merchandise:
Odds are all of your participants require some sort of gear to participate in your activities - why not buy that gear from you? Offering merchandise gives you a new revenue stream outside of tuition and/or memberships. In addition to gear, offer branded merchandise. If the merchandise is cool, your clients will be more than happy to be walking advertisements for your organization.
4. Think outside the box:
Don’t limit yourself to clothing and gear.
- Are there any books you recommend your participants read that will inspire them or improve their skills? How about videos? Include them in your store.
- Every parent loves to have pictures of their child in action. Why not partner with a local photographer and offer photo packages of the child, team, competition and/or final performance?
- Include a special fundraising section in your store.
- Solicit merchandise or service donations from local business and/or current clients and offer those items in your store. This could be anything from electronics to spa packages. You’ll be surprised at how willing your participants are to help you raise money, especially if they know what the proceeds are going toward.
In addition to Online Registration software that boasts a top tier user experience, the Amilia Store feature allows you create collections that house as many products as you wish to sell as well as fundraising feature that makes it easy for your clients to become donors.
To find out more about how Amilia can help you spend more time developing stronger relationships with your customers, download our features brochure.