Hands up if you’re feeling a little tired of reading all the news out there!
It’s easy to get bogged down in all the news on COVID-19 as we look for creative ways to adapt our business, serve our clients, and keep friends & family safe. That said, we wanted to put a touch of positivity out there by amplifying fun stories from across the globe. (Or just memes that make us laugh!)
We hope that this list brightens your mood or even -- dare we say -- puts a smile on your face! The better job we do at taking care of ourselves, the more equipped we are to take care of others.
Let’s kick things off with some good vibes and then we all get back to business and prepare for the upswing because there will be light at the end of this tunnel!
Recommended reading: Resource Roundup: COVID-19 (for businesses and organizations looking to adapt).
1. Trainer leads his neighbors in a group workout from their balconies in Spain
A personal trainer decided to help his fellow neighbors in getting their workout in while gyms are off-limits. Watch the video!
2. Coronasaurus Rex! An Irishman headed to the grocery store in a full dinosaur suit
DIY hazmat suit or just someone trying to lift the spirits of grocery shoppers in a time of tension? You decide. Check out the story here.
3. The CARE-mongering movement is born (to negate scaremongering)
“More than 35 Facebook groups have been set up in 72 hours to serve communities in places including Ottawa, Halifax and Annapolis County in Nova Scotia, with more than 30,000 members between them.” - Tom Gerken for BBC. Read here.
4. Adorable Italian couple dances along with the 1935 movie Top Hat’s dance scene, being projected on their building.
5. Neighbors on Nextdoor offering each other a hand in trying times
Andrea from San Francisco posted this message (accompanied by her dog, Gus!) letting people know she can send them 20$, no questions asked.
6. Australian man that lost everything in bushfires wins jackpot
After he lost most of his farm months ago, he could have never predicted that he’d pull through with a lotto win of $200,000. Article link here.
7. Yo-Yo Ma, John Legend, Chris Martin, and other musicians do what they do best… sharing their love of making music!
Musicians have been holding “Comfort Concerts” from home. Read more and watch the videos.
8. Memes that cracked us up about the pandemic last week -- got to make light of it sometimes, right?
Here’s a link to some gut-busting memes put together by Bored Panda.
9. In the absence of major league sports, ESPN fills the void with “The Ocho”
Competitive pizza box making, sign spinning, electrician championship, stone skipping -- it’s a real good time! Learn more here.
10. And the band played on… Violinists mourn the toilet paper aisle, in true Titanic style!
If you find these things helpful and uplifting, please feel free to share it with your community, staff, and members. We can all use a little bit of help & fun in times like these. Keep up the good work!