Spooky season is fast approaching, and if you work in the activity space, you know that you can’t let this holiday go by without planning something! No matter which age group you work with, we have ideas for you.
Let’s start with the basics (because we can’t NOT include them):
- Movie night
- Costume contests
- Haunted house
- Pumpkin picking at the patch
- Pumpkin carving
- Themed activities and camps
These are always crowd-pleasers, but we can be more creative than that!
Some more out of the box ideas
- Haunted graveyard agility course for dogs
- Pet costume contest (Howl-O-Ween)
- Halloween charcuterie board making
- Halloween bingo (great for senior’s centers)
- Screaming contest (no explanation necessary)
Halloween trivia (check out some ideas for questions here)
Supplies you’ll need (mostly found at the dollar store or craft store!)
- Black tape
- Goodie bags
- Fog machine
- Pumpkins and other gourds
- Pipe cleaners (great for making spiders)
Plus, candy of course! Buy it in bulk at Costco or Walmart.
Lots of people call Halloween their favorite holiday – and we understand why! No matter what kind of activity you decide to try, everyone will be happy to celebrate together as a community.
Have an idea you want to share that isn’t here? We want to hear about it! Tag us on social media with the hashtag #AmiliaInAction and let us know.