In case you haven’t heard, July is National Parks and Recreation Month 🏞
We’re so excited to kick off the month by sharing some key resources that you need to know about. Get those cursors ready because you’ll want to bookmark these links right away!
In line with the 2022 P&R Month theme, We Rise Up for Parks and Recreation, we’re supporting the field and all the professionals who build strong, vibrant and resilient communities through the power of parks and recreation. (Psst: Stay tuned for more P&R content throughout the month!)
Let’s dive in, shall we? 🏊♀️
These groups should be your first stop for any P&R related questions! Don’t forget, your state or province may have their own unique association.
Keep up with industry trends and discover what’s new and exciting in the world of Parks & Rec on any given day!
OpenSpace: Official blog of NRPA, with posts from NRPA staff and members as well as experts and thought leaders from in and outside of the field of parks and recreation
Some recent posts:
- Starting the Conversation About Cyberbullying Between Parents and LGBTQ+ Youth
- Environmental Restoration for Parks and Recreation
- Supporting Healthy Aging through Parks and Recreation: A Community of Practice
And of course…The Amilia Blog: A hub for Amilia and SmartRec news, tech insights and musings on various P&R topics
Some recent posts:
- Financial Sustainability, Professional Education and Life “Tipping Points”: Amilia’s Interview with Jamie Sabbach from 110%
- Playing It Safe: Four Ways Software Can Help Keep Kids Safer at Camps, Sports and Afterschool Programs
- Talkin’ ‘bout the young folks: The importance of diverse and inclusive youth programs
Publications & Newsletters
Get all the P&R news and insights you need – straight to your inbox!
Because we should always continue to learn, no matter where we are in our careers!
Amilia University - An easy-to-use e-learning suite to train, skill up and create a thriving community
CPRA Professional Development Certification (the only one of its kind in Canada!)
Software Success Stories
Interested in learning more about how eCommerce software can help your agency achieve its goals? Sometimes it’s easier to show rather than tell…
For a more general overview of how software can help your Parks & Rec agency boost registrations and engagement, check out this page!
We asked our community: “What are some of your top resources as a Parks & Rec professional”?